Photo by James Maher – New York Photography
Mixed by Eric Lopez aka “BigE”
01. Urban Soul – Alright
02. Teule – Drink On Me
03. Mr. Fingers – Distant Planets
04. Derrick May – Strings of Life
05. Rich in Paradise
06. Blunted Dummies – House Music For All
07. Soft Company – Notice Me
08. Sax – Give Yourself To Me
09. Two Without Hats – Try Yazz
10. Sax (Featuring Elan) – Don’t Turn Your Back On Me(Halloween Mix)
Mixed by Takaya Nagase
01. Re:momentos RMX Beats Version (Kuniyuki RMX)
02. Eddie Kendricks – Date With The Rain
03. Koss – Silent Stars
04. 40 Thieves – Crystal Mountain Thunderfuck
05. Sorrow Show (King of Town Mix)
06. Brendon Moeller – Fixer
07. Chez Damier – Tell Me What it is (LPJ’s Groundswell Movement)
08. Feel so High
09. Bjork – All is Full of Love (Blaze Remix)
10. Radiohead – Everything In Its Right Place (Joaquin Joe Claussell’s)
Photo by MDPNY
Their name says it all – Masters At Work. ‘Little’ Louie Vega and Kenny ‘Dope’ Gonzalez celebrate 20 years together, channeling dance music down new paths with their inventive production style and imaginative feel for different musical forms. The two native New Yorkers have amassed an overwhelming body of work including hundreds of original productions and defiantly mix everything they can find – house, hip hop, funk, disco, Latin, African and jazz – into a universal groove. XLR8R’s Shawn Reynaldo sits down with them on the couch during Red Bull Music Academy’s ‘New York City to SF Bay’ lecture series in San Francisco to discuss the start of their careers and dissolving the barriers between genres.
Photo by Streetsy
Lecture: Stretch and Bobbito (San Francisco, 2012) from Red Bull Music Academy on Vimeo.
Pioneering college hip hop radio jocks Stretch Armstrong and Bobbito sit down on the couch for an interview with rap scholar Chairman Jefferson Mao, touching down on the beauty of unprofessional radio and the joy of igniting careers for countless artists like Jay Z, Nas, and Mobb Deep. The interview took place during the Red Bull Music Academy’s ‘New York City To the SF Bay’ lecture series in San Francisco. Oh yeah, and the whole thing is also pretty damn funny.
Photo by Miwa Hirakuri
Mixed by Eric Lopez aka “BigE”
01. Bebe Ruth – The Mexican
02. Liquid Liquid – Cavern
03. Give It Up Turn It A Loose
04. Dreaming A Dream “Blended with Love” Re-Edit
05. Ashford & Simpson – One More Try (Dimitri From Paris ReEdit)
06. Earth, Wind & Fire – Runnin’ (Danny Krivit)
07. Fatback Band – Spanish Hustle
08. North End – Kind of Life(Kind of Love) (MAW Remix)
09. Daft Funk
10. The Strikers – Body Music
By Dennis Kane (MAGNETIC)
Six Cups Of Rebel, released today, is the new studio album from Hans-Peter Lindstrom. In addition to his prior effort, 2008’s (Where You Go I Go Too), There are the collaborative full lengths with Christabelle, (Real Life Is No Cool), and three with long time associate Prins Thomas (I, II, and Reinterpretations). Lindstrom also has a seemingly unending list of 12-inches, (including one under the moniker of Six Cups of Rebel), and remixes for a long list on notables including: Tosca, Bryan Ferry, LCD Soundsystem and Franz Ferdinand.
On the occasion of this new release Magnetic contributor and Disques Sinthomme/Ghost Townhoncho Dennis Kane broke out the iPad and had an extended chat with Hans-Peter about the new work, music and the vertigo induced by the iPad view of two moving subjects.
DENNIS KANE: YO, SORRY I MISSED YOU YESTERDAY, YOU GOOD? DOING TONS OF PRESS STUFF?
Hans-Peter Lindstrom: It is not so bad actually, I did some earlier, but things have quieted down a bit. Are you in NYC?
by Grandmaster Grouchy Greg (All Hip Hop.com)
The family of Bob Marley has announced the first ever authorized documentary on the singer will be in theaters this April.
Magnolia Pictures has teamed with VH1 to obtain the United States rights to Academy award-winning director Kevin McDonald’s documentary “Marley.”
“Marley” is being executive produced by Island Records’ founder Chris Blackwell, as well as Bob Marley’s son Ziggy Marley.
The documentary will make its world premiere at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in February, and will premiere in North America, at SXSW this March. [Read More]