Live PA and DJ Set by Robert Owens and Neil Aline.
Sunday, March 23rd, 2008.
“The city’s Landmarks Preservation Commission yesterday gave unanimous approval to landmark status for the 19th-century entertainment emporium that has gone from a venue for hosting society balls to its latest incarnation as a nightclub and concert hall.” [Read More]
Photo By MDPNY
Mixed by DJ Monchan
01. The Pimps of Joytime – PJT’s (High Steppin)
02. A Moment in the Mind of Pirahnahead – Skooldaze feat. Diviniti
03. Alexander Sopchek – Destiny Dawn
04. Tangent Beats – Love for You
05. Goodfellas – Soul Heaven
06. Martinez – Sambalate
07. Cujo – Superstars of Rock – Apollo
08. Astoria – The Jazz Incident EP – Clear
09. K’bonus – E-Rotic
10. Loleatta Holloway – Strong Enough (FK Dub)
Mixed by Takaya Nagase
01. Lola – Wax the Van (John’s Dub)
02. Wally Badarou – Chief Inspector
03. Girls Can’t Help it – Baby Doll
04. Anthony Hamilton – Lucille
05. Gallifre feat. Mondee Oliver – Don’t Walk Out on Love (Dub)
06. Eumir Deodato – Space Dust
07. Supertramp – Cannonball (Instrumental)
08. Loco Dice – Harissa (A Chico a Rhythmico)
09. Japanese Synchro System – X-tension
10. Dub Poets – Black and White
“The Landmarks Preservation Commission will vote today to landmark Webster Hall, the famed nightclub and concert venue located on East 11th Street between Third and Fourth avenues. The Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation has pushed for the historic banquet hall and onetime speakeasy, which was built in 1887 and has served as a venue for artists such as Woody Guthrie, Peter Seeger, the Flaming Lips, and the Brian Jonestown Massacre, to be landmarked since last summer. The commission is expected to pass the proposal.
At today’s hearing, the commission will also consider extending the NoHo Historic District, which first got protective status in 1999. The additional sections would include portions of Bond Street, Great Jones Street, and East 4th Street between Lafayette Street and Bowery.” [NY Sun]
Photo By Streetsy
Upcoming Radio Shows
Today: Zakka’s Radio Show @ 6PM
Tuesday: Nise Music’s Radio Show @ 6PM
Wednesday: A-1’s Radio Show @ 9PM
Thursday: No Show: The Fat Beats Review will resume next week
Friday: Halcyon presents Nü Pschidt @ 7PM
The party that’s been cutting its teeth for the past six months at APT is taking it underground–at least in spirit. In actuality, the party’s going way overground, on the top floor of the triangular building that sits just below 14th St in between 9th Ave and Hudson. The space is great, an architect’s well designed loft with large old windows looking over into the Hudson and up to Times Square. The music will also be great, with special guest DJ Spun from Rong Music playing excellently weird disco and classic house interspersed with god knows what else from Justin Carter and Probus.
Take a disco nap, and hydrate. There’s free beer early, and we’ll be up late.
Easy Lover Loft
with DJ Probus, Justin Carter, and DJ Spun from Rong Music
Saturday, March 22 // 26 W 9th Avenue btw 13th and 14th St // elevator to top floor // 10p – late // open beer bar from 10p – 11p // $10 // $5 before midnight with rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org