This isn’t the most relevant news for us since we never went to Lotus but, having been one of the first “velvet rope” clubs in the Meatpacking District and hosting Michael T’s party for over 4.5 years, it certainly has a place in NYC history – and now it’s closed (for now). Here’s the story from NYMag.
Love Pool Party
Tue Jun 17, 2008, 7:00
Room Mate Grace Hotel, 125 West 45th Street
New York, New York 10036
the hotel name has changed….but the party remains the same…..
come end that summertime heat with a dip in the pool (yes it’s working!!!!), or
a sweat in the sauna and/or steamroom…
a drink at the bar…..
take advantage of the wellness practitioners on the mezzanine….
they will be there from 7 – 11, offering complimentary consultations in…..
walking the tiger meditation
as always, 2 for 1 42 below cocktails throughout the night (or until you drink
and your resident specialists will be there
on the 1s and 2s
(w guest D-Major)
and for the visual stimulation
INSTANT CINEMA by KA & OHM of the ZUVUYA COLLECTIVE
Teas Tea Giveaways
And Custom Bikinis by
see you all poolside!!!!
Here it is from Stewart:
“WE WILL DEFINITELY REPRESENT THE SHOP MUSICALLY. THE MENU WILL BE MOSTLY DIFFERENT STRAINS OF HOUSE (LEFT FIELD ,DEEP, TECH, DETROIT/CHICAGO CLASSICS AND WEE BIT OF ACID AND ELECTRO) DISCO (NU DISCO,DISCO NOT DISCO,COSMIC GOODIES) AND ALWAYS A BIT OF BOOGIE SOUL, SLEAZE AND MUSICAL ODDITIES.”
They’re nice enough to offer comps to all of you lovely dailysession readers (even though the cover is only $5)! When you get to the door, use the password (buttercup). It’s likely to change from week to week so you might want to confirm that with us via email before you head over (or risk sounding rather foolish at the door).
Check out their weekly dailysessions for a sample of what your likely to hear, HERE!
Mixed by Jeremie
01. Sylvester – Band of Gold
02. Elektrik Dread – Butter Up
03. Beat Pharmacy – Wata
04. H.O.S.H – Steppenwolf
05. Chiapet – Westworld
06. Halo, Hipp-E and Tony – Three to Tango
07. Fries and Bridges – Inside Out
09. Bas Noir – Shooboo
10. Mood II Swing – See You Dancing
Date: June 24, 2008
Location: World Financial Center
Creating a sound that meanders between shoegazer and dance while showing his skill for songwriting, Berlin-based artist Schnauss opens arts > WFC’s summer season. Chrysler beguiles with her unique brand of vocal and theremin, and is accompanied by media artist Watanabe’s video projections.
Mixed by NISE
01. Dave Gahan – I Need You (Jay’s Summerdub)
02. Blue Six – Music and Wine (Jay’s Blue Silk Dub)
03. Jus-Ed – Warm
04. Marshall Jefferson – Mushrooms (Salt City Orchestra Mix)
05. Subjekt – Step Back (Square One Rmx)
06. Ive Mendes – Natural High
07. Justin Martin – Night Owl (Manoo and Francois A Remix)
08. Booka Shade – In White Rooms
09. Cagedbaby – Hello There
10. Moby – Dream About Me (Booka Shade Rmx)
11. Beth Orton – Central Reservation (Deep Dish Rmx)
12. Figurines – Silver Ponds (Ben Watt Rmx)
It’s been reported that the Virgin Megastore in Times Square is closing in early 2009. The one in Union Square is scheduled to close in February of 2009 as well. Will the closing of these two megastores have an effect on the city’s independent music retailers? Probably! AMNY’s blog “Urbanite” takes a quick look at the issue here.
Photo By Blue Jake
Mixed by DJ Monchan
01. Bob Marley and the Whalers – Natural Mystic
02. Heart of the Congos – Fisherman
03. Jacob Miller – Baby I Love You So
04. Junior Murvin – Police and Thieves
05. Tenor Soul – Ring the Alarm
06. Sofa Surfers – Chemicals and Sulfat
07. Hector Spector – Colour Fish (Goat People Rmx)
08. Smith and Mighty – Same
09. Massive Attack – Sly
10. Goldie – Inner City Life (Goes to Miami Mix)
11. Collen and Webb – Gotta Go
12. Wayne Wonder – No Letting Go
13. Funkadelic – One Nation Under A Groove
14. Jimmy Cliff – Sitting in Limbo